I decided to make a spring wreath for the front door this year. I was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest and (foolishly) decided to go for it. I am really happy how it turned out, but oh my gosh, it took forever. Here's what you need:
-A foam circle wreath form, spray painted
-4 or 5 sheets 12x12 textured paper
-500 dressmaker pins
-Flower punch (I used one with five petals)
I punched out about a gozillion little paper flowers first. It literally took me two days to punch out all those flowers. I recommend having a sizeable stack of Rolo's nearby to munch on because you will be doing this a long time. I had them stacked on the table and Savannah got into them. While I was frantically trying to find something to put the flowers in, I grabbed the first bag I came across (my pump bag was lying right next to the table). So yes, my paper flowers were storred in an (unused) breast milk storage bag. The life of a mom, right? I think to add dimension to the flowers it's really important to use a textured paper. You can see why in the picture below.
Progress shots:



I am so happy with how it turned out!

Kind of funny since it's a spring wreath, but as I was hanging it up it was snowing at our house!
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Spring Wreath Tutorial

Posted by
Dara Wills
at
7:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I totally have that craft punch but am totally not in possession of the patience to make this!!! love love how it looks though...you inspired me to make a spring wreath. Away to Pinterest I go!!
Very cute wreath! Have you seen the blog Southern Lovely? She has a bunch of great wreaths she's made. http:// southernlovely.blogspot.com
Post a Comment